2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2020 RAM 1500 is a light-duty pickup truck with a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, which is a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity, explore specs across different engine options, and see what RAM 1500 features will help make towing easier around Gadsden and beyond.
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
You can choose from four different engine options on this 2020 RAM, which will give you different towing capabilities and performance levels. Each comes with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission, and depending on the trim level you choose, the payload capacity ranges from 2,100 pounds to 2,300 pounds. Performance specs are as follows:
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
The 2020 RAM 1500 was intelligently engineered to deliver top-level performance, stability, and capability, to give you better peace of mind when towing a heavy load behind you, whether it’s a camper, a trailer, a boat, or any other item around Huntsville. Explore towing-friendly features below:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate, offering more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Huntsville and Fort Payne roads.
Experience the 2020 RAM 1500 in Albertville!
Learn more about RAM 1500 capabilities and features by seeing how it measures up to the competition–take a look at the RAM 1500 vs. Chevy Silverado 1500 or vs. Ford F-150 comparisons at Alexander Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM. When you are ready to take this RAM truck home to Fort Payne, contact us to schedule a test drive!
More About RAM 1500 Features
The RAM 1500 has been a longtime favorite of Gadsden and Huntsville drivers who need a truck as rugged as it is refined, and while the lineup is known for powerhouse performance, what about efficiency? The 2020 RAM 1500 gas mileage proves that this truck truly has it all with an EcoDiesel fuel economy topping…
The 2020 RAM 1500 is a light-duty pickup truck with a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, which is a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity, explore specs across different engine options, and see what RAM 1500 features will help make towing easier around Gadsden and beyond. RAM 1500…
You know the RAM 1500 as being one of the toughest trucks on the market in Gadsden, with enough style for a night on the town. At Alexander Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM we offer the 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 in a multitude of trim levels to suit your style and needs. Learn More View Inventory 2020 RAM 1500 Limited…