How Much Does the RAM 1500 Weigh?
The weight of the 2020 RAM 1500 allows it to maximize its towing and payload capacity. There are two main measurements used to weigh a vehicle: curb weight and GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). Curb weight is how much a vehicle weighs when it’s empty. GVWR is how much a vehicle weighs when it’s loaded with equipment and passengers. Below, we’ll break down the weight of the RAM 1500, so you can pick the right RAM for your needs.
What’s the Difference Between Curb Weight & GVWR?
GVWR is the maximum weight you want your vehicle to be after passengers and equipment are loaded into it. Curb weight doesn’t factor in any additional weight (like equipment and passengers), or tongue weight if you’re towing. It is the unloaded weight of your vehicle. Also, note that tongue weight is not towing capacity; it’s the amount of weight the hitch places on your vehicle. Therefore, the GVWR does not inhibit the maximum towing capacity of your new RAM 1500.
2020 RAM 1500 Curb Weight by Trim Level
The 2020 RAM 1500 is built with a durable frame made of steel and aluminum, which allows the vehicle to be optimized for a minimum weight and maximum towing capacity. The details of each trim level are detailed below.
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 4,798 pounds and 5,227 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 4,891 pounds and 5,160 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 4,891 pounds and 5,232 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 4,971 pounds and 5,374 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn: Between 4,903 pounds and 5,232 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited: Between 4,903 pounds and 5,232 pounds
2020 RAM 1500 GVWR by Trim Level
Due to its optimized curb weight and GVWR, the RAM 1500 allows Gadsden drivers to carry heavy loads without taxing their vehicles. The GVWR varies depending on which trim level and configuration you choose as well as your cab choice. Below is a list of trim levels and their corresponding GVWRs:
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 6,800 pounds and 7,100 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Longhorn: 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 pounds
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
Fort Payne drivers can tow up to 12,750 pounds of equipment and materials with the 2020 RAM 1500. Although the tongue weight does not equal towing capacity, it influences it, which makes it a factor of GVWR. The RAM 1500 boosts its towing capacity with state-of-the-art technologies, such as:
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- 360 degree Surround View Camera
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
Find Out More About 2020 RAM 1500 Weight at CDJR of Albertville
The RAM 1500 weight is its greatest asset, as it enables it to carry heavier loads and maximize towing capacity. Contact us to find out more about how much the RAM 1500 weighs. Ready to drive home? Apply for financing today and see if you’re approved!
More From CDJR of Albertville
Gadsden and Fort Payne are excited about the 2020 Jeep Gladiator. For a good reason as the Jeep Gladiator engine boasts 285 hp on the base model and an EPA estimated 17 miles per gallon in the city and 22 miles per gallon on the highway. With specs like that, it’s no wonder the Jeep Gladiator…
If you liked the look of the 2019 Jeep Compass, then you’ll want to take a good look at this year’s model. What’s new for the 2020 Jeep Compass? More amenities and safety features now come standard so you can access the latest tech for less. Like other Jeep SUVs, the Compass offers agile handling,…
Whether you’re a loyal Jeep enthusiast or new to the brand, Gadsden truck drivers will enjoy the power and options available with the 2020 Jeep Gladiator. Starting at $33,545 MSRP with the standard Sport trim, it offers drivers a more affordable option without sacrificing quality and capability. The Jeep Gladiator engine gives drivers more power…