How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
The light-duty 2019 RAM 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds, making it your greatest asset when you’re towing a small camper to Lake Guntersville State Park or need to get a trailer full of materials to your next big Huntsville job. In fact, the RAM 1500 earned a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. And if that’s not impressive enough, the 2019 RAM 1500 offers greater capabilities than the 2018 model, as well as improved fuel efficiency. Explore the new RAM 1500 towing capacity and other specs with Alexander Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM below!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
There are three available engines for the 2019 RAM 1500, each equipped with impressive performance capabilities and a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Take a look at their specs:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque with a max towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but towing capacity is boosted to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the trim, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
Superior towing capabilities are a joint effort, and the 2019 RAM 1500 doesn’t rely solely on engine power. Drivers of this light-duty pickup truck will feel confident knowing that it offers some of the best features in its class. To name a few:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Together with the eTorque mild hybrid system, this transmission works to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes, increasing your safety on Fort Payne roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: You’ll get peace of mind with this available system that monitors your blind zones and automatically accounts for trailer length. Changing lanes with a trailer in tow has never been easier!
Test Drive the 2019 RAM 1500 at Alexander Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM in Albertville!
Interested in learning more about the 2019 RAM 1500? Simply contact us and we’ll be happy to give you more information on the 1500, its interior features and technologies, and even tell you how to reset the RAM 1500 check engine light. Our sales and finance teams are ready to assist you in finding a car or truck that meets your budget and expectations, and they’ll be happy to show you our general RAM truck lineup so you can compare RAM 1500 vs RAM 2500. Or if you’re still researching all your options, you can compare popular models like the RAM 1500 vs. Chevy Silverado 1500. You can even apply for financing online before visiting our showroom near Gadsden. Searching for a more family-friendly vehicle that won’t compromise on towing power? Explore the 2019 Grand Cherokee towing capacity.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup